Friday, December 7, 2007

Edwin

Edwin won 1st place in the Professional Fantasy division at the Kansas City Doll Fair in 2005. Then he won the the Professional Division for the same show.
He also placed 2nd in the National Polymer Clay Art Guild's Progress and Possibilities 2006 in the Art Doll division.
Edwin was the first Messenger I made. I created him using a hinged gourd as his body. He is costumed to conseal the hidden compartment within.This is Edwin’s message:
Don’t be afraid to step up to the front of the line. If you do not believe in yourself, then how can you expect anyone else to? You teach people how to treat you. Set your standard high. Then be willing to step up and take the prize. I scuplted his head while I was sitting in the customers lounge at a Dodge dealership while my truck was being serviced. He generated a lot of interest. I, in fact, sculpted five heads that day. I never go anywhere with my clay.

No comments: